Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Week 12: Women's Comics

The comic I chose to read this week was Diary of a Dominatrix. I found it hard not to read, the title itself was clickbait. I knew it'd be sexually explicit, but I think it almost lost me at describing a vasectomy and how to circumcise a penis. Other than that, I loved it. I find learning about sex work a very interesting thing to do and something rarely talked about. I appreciate how the story is written about as if it's just like any other job, which it really is. It shows how sex work is really just a job, and at the end of the day, the person just goes home and lives life like a regular person. I think it was a really neat read because I like when I get to learn something from reading. I'm sure most people wouldn't really consider reading this 'learning' but I think that would be an opinion I'd strongly disagree with. I think this is a very liberating comic but also very blunt. It's a very real look at a sex worker, specifically a dominatrix and I found it funny, strange, and informative. I honestly think I'd like to keep reading her comics. I enjoy that it's a slice of life comic with actual information, as strange as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: Webcomics

     This week's topic is webcomics, something that I really love. I have been reading webcomics ever since I was a little kid. From vir...