Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Week 05: The Emergence of the Graphic Novel

For some reason this week I chose to read Doot Doot Garden, the 24-hour comic. Perhaps it wasn't the best choice to read while eating. Nonetheless, it was still very funny at points and I was drawn to the fact it was written in the span of 24 hours. While it was obvious it was written in 24 hours it was still really solid. The poop jokes were definitely not my sense of humor, but some things were. It was very odd to read and looked very odd from the second I chose it, which was WHY I chose it. I know it was at the bottom of the comics list but I wanted to see HOW people wrote a comic in 24 hours. The title was interesting and I ended up really enjoying...MOST of it. It was just a graphic novel of short-ish stories and it was very interesting to see. I'm more a fan of solid linear chaptered stories so this isn't necessarily my kind of thing, but I do always like reading new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: Webcomics

     This week's topic is webcomics, something that I really love. I have been reading webcomics ever since I was a little kid. From vir...