Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Week 06: Underground Comics

The comic I chose to read was the Gay Comix series. Going in I was warned of the sexual content and the possibly offensive content, but to be honest this was my favorite thing I'd read yet. The very first comic in the Gay Comix series really touched me. I personally love openly 'vulgar' or taboo content, although being a little prude about discussing it myself. Seeing a guy's dick through his shorts the second I opened the comic WAS a bit of a shock, I'm not gonna lie. I just REALLY loved these comics. The opening text of the comic about how all the shorts in this series were written by LGBTQ artists was really neat. I love that there was a specific outlet for LGBTQ artists in the 80s, even if it were underground. I always prefer stories that aren't stifled by the limits of what is acceptable, unless if it's hate speech of course. A lot of the stories in this comic were extremely relatable from the 80s even to modern-day times. This is something I'd normally read nowadays and I really am glad I got the chance to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: Webcomics

     This week's topic is webcomics, something that I really love. I have been reading webcomics ever since I was a little kid. From vir...