Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Week 10: Manga and Osamu Tezuka

     This week I read the first issue of Battle Angel Alita and Angel's Hill. Angel's Hill was very interesting to read. I really expected the typical 'manga style' at least in some form. What I got seemed very European inspired, although I'm not the most knowledgable of what style came first. I think it's interesting to see how this comic reminded me of comics like 'Popeye' and such. I didn't find it as interesting and appealing as Battle Angel Alita artistically but it was still cool to see an older style that, to me, merged more with European comics than the manga I typically see nowadays.
     The second manga Battle Angel Alita was super cool. When I have time I want to try to read the rest of it. I know there was a movie that came out recently as well. I really love the art style of this one and the story.
     I think Osamu Tezuka has a very iconic art style. From Astro Boy to Angel's Hill, you can always tell his style. Originally I'd only heard about Astro Boy and didn't know of his fame and many other successful stories. While I'm not a big fan of the art style I think he makes very cute stories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: Webcomics

     This week's topic is webcomics, something that I really love. I have been reading webcomics ever since I was a little kid. From vir...