Saturday, February 1, 2020

Week 04: History of the Comic Book

Out of all the books we were given I really enjoyed ALL of the EC comics. They really focused on stories that were all much more serious and most were sci-fi, fantasy, or horror. I really didn’t care for  any of the military stories as I prefer fictional stories. Reading them reminded me of a comic version of the Twilight Zone or Black Mirror. It’s unfortunate that the company went under and I honestly think I’d read these type of comics if they were created for a more modern audience. I preferred that they weren’t as cartoony and simple as the previous ones.  Many of the topics were very dark and it was very text heavy, which I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 14: Webcomics

     This week's topic is webcomics, something that I really love. I have been reading webcomics ever since I was a little kid. From vir...